Daniel Ben-Zvi, Esq.
ADR Services, Inc.
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Daniel Ben-Zvi (pronounced “BenzVee”) is a respected mediator and arbitrator with ADR Services, Inc. and the American Arbitration Association (AAA). Since 1995, he has mediated more than 2,000 disputes with highly successful results.
Mr. Ben-Zvi is a “Distinguished Fellow” with the International Academy Mediators and 1 of 32 “Power Mediators” worldwide [Hollywood Reporter]. Admitted to 5 State and Federal Bars, Mr. Ben-Zvi draws on 20 years as a multi-state trial lawyer to resolve complex disputes. This “warrior-turned-peacemaker”, as The Daily Journal describes him, brings a unique blend of persistence and creativity to ending bitterly fought lawsuits.
Mr. Ben-Zvi co-authored a book, “Inside the Minds–Alternative Dispute Resolution”, writes articles and lectures on dispute resolution. His creativity even led him to be a writer on the television show “L.A. Law”. Mr. Ben-Zvi’s guiding principle as Mediator: “The mediation opportunity should be effectively exhausted, with no stone left unturned.”
DISPUTE RESOLUTION EXPERIENCE
• Mr. Ben-Zvi has mediated and arbitrated, since 1995, on the panels of ADR Services, Inc., American Arbitration Association (AAA), Alternative Resolution Centers (ARC), World Intellectual Property Organization and DB Mediation & Arbitration Services.
AWARDS AND ASSOCIATIONS
• Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators.
• Mediation Panelist, United States District Court, Central District of California
• Board member, California Dispute Resolution Council (CDRC).
• Chairman, since 2004, “City of Los Angeles Annual Mediation Awareness Week”, on behalf of the Mayor and the L.A. City Council to promote mediation. This includes Mr. Ben-Zvi’s annual televised presentation at L.A. City Council on status of dispute resolution in Los Angeles, together with leaders in the legal, political and mediation communities.
• “Power Mediator” — 1 of 32 Best International List, Hollywood Reporter.
• Diplomat Member, California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals and National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
• Honoree, Southern California Mediation Association’s (SCMA) annual Employment Mediation Conference, 2005.
• Admitted to the State Bars of California, New York, Washington DC, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
• Invited Participant, Master’s Forum, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution.
• Invited Participant, Negotiation and Mediation conference, Harvard Law School; 2007, 2012.
Daniel Ben-Zvi, Esq. has experience as a neutral in the following civil matters:
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Franchise Health
- Intellectual Property
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury / Torts Probate
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Proposition 65
- Real Property
- Trusts and Estates
- Workers Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Education / Licenses
1981 JD, Cardozo School of Law
1978 BA, Rutgers University (Honors, Economics)