ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Coordinate and Manage Seminar and Webinar production and events:
• Assist in the scheduling of, and preparing for, CalChamber training seminars and webinars, including managing the seminar and webinar calendar of events.
• Assist in the preparation of seminar and webinar material, including proofing and editing power point presentations and corresponding documents.
• Provide onsite event management either at CalChamber offices or at offsite location.
• Ensure all seminar attendees receive any print or electronic materials as directed by the seminar presenters either prior to the event or at the event location.
• Secure HRCI credits and MCLE credits accordingly.
• Other related projects as assigned by seminar and webinar presenters.
• Travel is required.
Administrative support to the Legal Affairs Department:
• Provides clerical support to the Legal Affairs staff counsel, including without limitation, scheduling appointments, meetings and other events.
• Aids in the preparation, editing and finalizing of documents, including without limitation, letters, briefs and contracts.
• Maintain legal files and databases.
• Filing letters and briefs with state and federal courts.
Administrative support to Labor Law Helpline
• Provide relief to the Labor Law Helpline administrative staff as needed
Perform other duties as required
• College Degree and/or combination of education and experience required
• Experience with organizing, coordinating meetings and events, preparing project and event schedules and overseeing meetings and events
• Experience working in a professional office setting
• Experience with remote, online meeting software such as Webex, GoToMeeting, or GoToWebinar
• Experience working with lawyers and/or in a legal department or firm is a plus
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills to keep filing, correspondence, meetings and other events up-to-date and on plan
• Skills in Access, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowePoint
• Ability to work flexible hours and occasionally travel for seminars and other events
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Ability to make sound decisions based on good judgment and common sense
Submit cover letter and resume to:
The California Chamber of Commerce is the largest broad-based business advocate to government in California. Membership represents one-quarter of the private sector jobs in California and includes firms of all sizes and companies from every industry within the state. Three-fourths of CalChamber members are companies with 100 or fewer employees.
The California Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Posted 11/17/2014||print | Email|
The skill level of this position places strong emphasis on accuracy, quality, and attention to detail. Knowledge of legal procedures and court rules (federal and state) is highly desirable. This position involves a variety of legal matters including civil litigation, workers' compensation, and all aspects of municipal law. Incumbent must be proficient in the use of personal computers and able to work with various types of software in the Windows environment.
This recruitment will be open until filled. Click here for more information including instructions on how to apply:
|Posted 11/14/2014||print | Email|