Primary duties include:
• Contract negotiation, drafting and review, including intellectual property contracts
• Corporate and non-profit filings and other governance issues
• Advising C.A.R. and its affiliates on PAC fundraising, not-for-profit issues, antitrust and other issues
Additional duties include:
• Keeping abreast of legal developments affecting trade associations, not-for-profits, antitrust, intellectual property, and real property
• Drafting and review of legal articles, position papers and other legal materials
• Legal research and memoranda as needed
• J.D. from ABA-accredited law school
• Member of California State Bar
• 3+ years’ experience in contract drafting, negotiation and review.
• Team-oriented person with the ability to work independently when needed.
• Experience with trade associations and/or PACs strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with antitrust, intellectual property, privacy a plus.
• Excellent legal reasoning and communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, Westlaw, internet research and use).
• Outstanding customer service orientation.
• Ability to function effectively in a variety of challenging situations and circumstances, including difficult project deadlines, tight budgets, and evolving goals and objectives.
• Excellent work ethic and attendance.
• Consistency in giving feedback regarding work progress, timetables and issues.
The California Association of REALTORS® offers excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, vitamins reimbursement, business casual wear, 401(k), pension, holiday pay, on-site exercise room, and more. Due to the heavy volume of resumes we receive, only candidates being considered will be contacted directly. We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities wth the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. For consideration - qualified applicants only please - submit cover letter and resume (in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) to:
|Posted 07/28/2014||Print | Email|
Under the direction of the General Counsel, the position requires the ability to:
Provide legal advice and counsel in commercial transactions matters, primarily negotiating and drafting complex agreements, principally involving vendor services agreement a variety of areas, including government contracting, financial services, title and closing issues, eviction, rental management, REO sales, corporate secretary, consumer protection, data privacy protection, acquisition, loan servicing, trademark, marketing and advertising and employment law on an as needed basis.
The successful candidate will possess a law degree and an active license to practice law. A minimum of seven (7) years of legal experience as a practicing attorney with a law firm. Drafting and negotiating complex transactional agreements is required. Federal regulatory, risk management and insurance a plus. The candidate must possess initiative, integrity, resilience, and the ability to manage multiple large-scale projects, as well as exceptional writing skills and the ability to present information and reports to management clearly and concisely. S/he should be collaborative, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others. If interested, please upload your resume and cover letter to:
|Posted 07/25/2014||Print | Email|